If you’re a new dog owner, you have probably heard that you shouldn’t feed your pet chocolate. But have you ever wondered why?
Chocolate contains theobromine, a toxic component that is not harmful to humans but can be to dogs. They take more time to process it so it has time to build up to toxic levels in their bodies.
The allowed amount of chocolate depends on the dog’s size. A little chocolate can provoke upset stomach, but large amounts can lead to seizures, muscle tremors, heart attack, etc.
So leave that chocolaty treat to yourself and reward your beloved pet in one of many other ways!