Your dog probably loves watermelon as much as you do. This delicious summer fruit can be turned into a perfect dog treat in no time! Here’s how.
For 30 frozen treats:
- 2 cups seedless watermelon
- 1 cup coconut milk or water
- 1 tbsp honey (optional)
- Scoop out the watermelon. Choose a seedless one or remove the seeds. Blend it until it’s smooth.
- Add coconut milk or water and honey and keep blending until you achieve the perfect consistency.
- Pour into ice cube trays and cover with plastic wrap to prevent from spilling. Place flat in the freezer.
- Freeze overnight.
Now, whenever your dog deserves a delicious treat, you can pick out one and let them enjoy it!
Why is it important for the watermelon to be seedless? If a dog eats too many watermelon seeds, it may lead to an intestinal blockage. Watermelon is one of the rare fruits that dogs can enjoy, as long as it’s seedless, so there’s no reason why you shouldn’t make these amazing treats for your beloved pet. You can even pack them in a cooler for a fun day at a beach or in the park!